WOW Inman News was the best that we have seen yet with some great moments and great feedback for ListedBy from users and some of the top industry pros!
Also never a bad thing to get to play a bit in NYC!
- As my esteemed colleague noted, the industry is taking more and more of the home buying process online and seems to be a real drive towards completing transactions online and eliminating the paperwork nonsense that we have dealt with for so long. This obviously was a big part of why we founded the ListedBy.com site. To allow users to not only research homes online but actually buy homes online, and we are excited to be a part of that for the industry as a whole. Ideally we would like to incorporate a paperless system into our site that would perhaps make it even easier for our users to not only submit offers on homes online but actually complete the transaction. Who knows, we might have made a partnership for that at this event.=)
- NYC is enjoyable and one heck of a place to go, but those stories that you hear about the airport at JFK are all true!
- It was a pleasure for me to get to chat with a couple of industry rockstars in particular that had some sentimental value for me. Won’t state their names as don’t have authorization to, but one CEO in particular still owns the site where I bought my first Detroit, MI property online that to some extent started the whole idea for creating the ListedBy site. It was great to chat with someone of his caliber for an hour and hear he actually really liked the concept of our site! Also, great to see a few good friends and partners like Bill from Revestor, the boys from NuOffer, my main man Hector from Trycera (All great companies to check out) and many more.
- We REALLY got some positive comments from a lot of the industry’s top agents about the website and saw that they really love the ability that ListedBy allows for them to have direct offers from the buyers, which allows them the opportunity to double their commissions by representing both parties. Also, agents and users all loved the new and improved page for service providers where you can search services for free like you would on a servicemagic.com and other similar websites, but with us of course it is all for real estate management and purchases.
- We once again had a helicopter to give away to one lucky user. Roger always tries to get it out of the box and fly it around, which sometimes results in the police being called. Luckily I was there to save him from himself! Another personal note highlight for me is that we got to have a great dinner with a killer view of the city with my big guy Roger. It was nice to have a moment like that with a great business partner and friend to look at where we have come and where we hope to go with the site as we continue to grow. As we all know, running startups and really any business has ups and downs, and takes a certain level of dedication. So moments like that, events like NAR Orlando and this one are really a big part of what makes it so enjoyable and rewarding, and why I am so thankful to all of you for using the site and allowing us to keeping putting out those 15 hour days to try and get better all the time.
To clarify, the gentleman noted in the photo there is Hector from Trycera, not Roger.
All in all it was exceptional and we look forward to being a part of many more events like this one in the future and hopefully seeing some of you there also. Who knows, you might win a helicopter, or even better, private dinner with me and Roger!
The INMAN Connect conference in NYC just wrapped up. After three long, tiring and extremely productive days, what stays with us is how grateful we are for yet another opportunity to see and spend time with many of our long time business partners and customers. As well, all the new executive level contacts and subscribers who decided to join and try out ListedBy.com.
Not many conferences bring together decision makers with this intensity. The event was very well managed, so kudos to the INMAN team for a job very well done!
Some of our takeaways from the conference is that optimism amongst industry professionals and vendors of all types of solutions is at a high we have not seen for several years. That is extremely encouraging.
In addition to learning how to effectively use social media in real estate, there was clear interest in figuring how to more effectively manage multiple offers, specifically in this relatively hot market. With many Realtors telling us they closed over one hundred deals in 2012, what they are now interested in, besides more inventory of course, is increased efficiency in managing multiple offers and deals.
Certainly this made paperless oriented technologies more interesting and attractive, and it showed on the conference floor. We had extremely great feedback and support regarding ListedBy’s buy/sell online negotiations and public real estate auctions tool, as well as for the site’s free, advertising supported business model and the built-in social networking module.
To note was the realization by many top producers we spoke to that they can now rely on one of ListedBy’s productivity enablers, the live online auction tool, to manage incoming offers practically without lifting a finger or answering a single email. For those not familiar with ListedBy, strictly by allowing bidders to see who else is on the bid side and what the latest bid is at, multiple buyers move the process forward by increasing their bids directly through the system, without the listing agent’s personal involvement until the auction expiry (the date and time the agent sets for the auction to end).
Brokers also showed solid interest, underlined by commitment, to ListedBy’s broker solution. The solution allows a company to market its agents and listings more widely for free, but in a way where the agents get to receive not only leads and traffic to their sites, but also actual offers that they can accept, reject or counter with a click of the mouse while logged on to ListedBy.
Thanks again to everyone for all the new ideas and input, which in ListedBy land is of paramount importance and goes right into our planning for future upgrades and releases.
For those new to ListedBy, here is a How To Video series to help you get started. We look forward to working with you and to supporting you in any way we can.
A new year is just around the corner, and we’re already setting up to attend and exhibit at two of the real estate industry’s most powerful and energizing conferences, back to back.
ListedBy is sponsoring both Connect and Reboot in NYC, which will be held January 16-18, 2013 at the The Grand Hyatt New York. We will be showcasing the latest release of our free online real estate auction and ‘Best Offer’ platform, ListedBy.com.
As always, get ready for some amazing prizes from ListedBy, including the now famous Vegas luxury condo stay giveaway for four people! And after really great feedback at NAR in Orlando in November, we just might do the remote controlled helicopter giveaways again as well! Just drop by our exhibit to get in on the action.
We look forward to seeing many of our members and business partners in NYC, and to meeting many more real estate pros keen on adopting the latest technologies in their business. If you want to get exposure and learn about technologies that are truly making a difference in the real estate business, INMAN conferences are the events to be at.
If you haven’t yet registered to attend INMAN Connect or Reboot NYC, here is are the links:
Real Estate Connect: http://www.realestateconnect.com/nyc13/rates
Agent Reboot: https://register.inman.com/shop/Agent-Reboot-2013—New-York/
To view venue and travel information, here is another link: http://www.realestateconnect.com/nyc13/venue